Who is the best Tampa DUI Lawyer? This is a question that is often asked by defendants in DUI cases in the Tampa Bay area. When you are arrested for DUI in Florida, you face harsh penalties: First-time offenders generally face minimum penalties of a $500 fine plus court costs, 50 community service hours, a six (6) month drivers license revocation, 10 day vehicle impoundment, DUI school, and potentially harsher penalties if there was a "refusal" to submit to a breath test. When you are facing charges like this, it is important to take your case seriously, even if it is only "just" a misdemeanor criminal offense.
So who is the best Tampa DUI attorney? That's hard to say. Every lawyer has his or her own qualifications and skills that may appeal to you. However, there are certain things that everyone should at least consider when hiring a DUI lawyer:
- What is the lawyer's experience?
- Is the lawyer familiar with the law and procedure?
- Does the lawyer know what Judge you will be in front of? What does he/she know about that Judge's preferences?
- Will the lawyer handle both the criminal and administrative (DMV) portions of your DUI?
- What does the lawyer charge in comparison to other DUI lawyers? Does the lawyer offer free consultations?
- Are there positive reviews of the lawyer available on sites like Google or Yahoo?
These questions may be able to help you decide who is the best DUI lawyer for you.
At Taracks & Associates, our legal team has over 40 years of combined experience in DUI cases. We handle multiple DUI cases every day and practice in all counties in the Tampa Bay area. Call us today at 813-281-2897 for a free consultation in your DUI case, or visit us online at www.Tampa-DUI.com for more info. Taracks & Associates – The Advocate For You.