Barry Taracks, a Skilled Tampa Attorney
Criminal Defense Lawyer in Florida
Attorney Barry Taracks, founder of Taracks & Associates, is a former state prosecutor with years of professional experience in criminal cases. He is familiar with both sides of the courtroom and works hard to understand all of our clients’ legal needs.
- Call (813) 990-0599 to discuss your case during a free initial consultation today.
Education & Background
Graduating from Stetson College of Law in 1986, Mr. Taracks went on to become an Assistant State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit. As a criminal prosecutor, he handled misdemeanor and felony cases from 1986 to 1989.
When he left the office in 1989 he began practicing criminal defense instead. As a defense attorney, Mr. Taracks has the upper hand in the courtroom. This includes:
- A working knowledge of criminal prosecution strategies and techniques
- A focus on creating aggressive and effective case strategies to keep his clients out of jail
- An in-depth knowledge of case law from years of experience
Today Mr. Taracks handles all types of criminal and DUI cases. Constantly striving to become more educated and informed in his field of practice, Mr. Taracks became certified to operate the Intoxilyzer 5000, a device used to determine whether or not a motorist was driving under the influence of alcohol.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Taracks has handled more than 5,500 cases and has acted as lead attorney in more than 179 jury trials. He is qualified to practice law in both state and federal court.
- Contact Taracks & Associates online or call us at (813) 990-0599 to schedule your complimentary case consultation today.