Are you facing a pending child support case? If so, there are several things you must know.
In Florida, child support is determined by the Child Support Guidelines. Those guidelines take into consideration the following factors:
1. The Father's Net Monthly Income
2. The Mother's New Monthly Income
3. The Number of Minor Children the Parties Have in Common
4. The Amount Paid for Health Insurance for the Children
5. The Number of Overnight Visits Each Parent Has Annually
6. The Amount Paid for Child Care for the Children
It is also important that the parents understand that the Court can only deviate from these guidelines 5%, and that those deviations are reserved for unique circumstances.
If you are looking to calculate child support, an excellent tool can be found at: